Saturday, January 21, 2012

Webcam 101 for Seniors....

Michael went to his Grandma and Grandpa Bauer's house last night to set them up on Skype. I'm talking about Tami's parents, my in-laws, Frank and Nancy. They wanted to be able to Skype with Jessi and Barry in Russia. Today we got a phone call from Frank and Nancy saying they were having some technical difficulties. Basically they could see Jessi, but could not hear her. They called to see if maybe we could help. The next few minutes on the cell phone and messed up Skype feed reminded me a lot of the the video at the bottom of this post. A lot of wondering what certain icons meant and wondering what will happen if a certain button was pushed. It was all quite comical. To be fair, Frank is one of the smartest guys I know. He can literally fix anything and his knowledge of computers is far superior to mine. So I hope he doesn't mind me poking a little bit of fun at him. I only wish we had recorded the actual exchange. But since we didn't, the video will be a suitable substitute.


No comments:

Post a Comment