Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Am I "Bengalized"?

In a previous post I talked about my lack of enthusiasm for the beginning of the NFL season. For the first time in probably 32 or 33 years, I did not watch the Bengals opening game. I didn't view one second of it. As it turns out, I didn't miss much as the Bengals were humiliated on national television 44-13. I'm so glad I didn't waste three and a half hours of my life watching that debacle. Maybe I would feel differently if the Bengals won a thriller in the waning seconds of the game. But they didn't and they usually don't.

I really can't pinpoint a specific reason for this shift in my interest level. Perhaps I'm "Bengalized". A condition Cincinnati football fans develop after many of years of repeated losing, bumbling away games, ineffective management, pathetic ownership and a general disdain and belittling of the fans by the current head coach. Perhaps I'm just tired of guys making a gazillion dollars for playing a game and complaining about every little thing. Perhaps I have developed other interests and football just fell down the list. My best guess is that the Reds are doing really well right now and are getting ready for the playoffs. Maybe once baseball ends I will be more interested in football, but I really kind of doubt it.

Go Reds!




No comments:

Post a Comment