Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Golden Arches

It's amazing the power an icon or trademark can have. Look no further than McDonald's Golden Arches. Everybody (and I do mean EVERYBODY) knows what those arches represent. Even my 11 month old grandson has learned what they mean. We were babysitting Elliott for a little while today and decided to feed him some lunch. We pulled into the the McDonalds parking lot and before we said a word about eating, Elliott said, "Na Na!". For Elliott, Na Na means food. Any time he sees food or wants to eat, he says, "Na Na!". I'm guessing this word has its beginnings in the word banana. Elliott loves bananas. Anyway, Tami and I were amazed that Elliott spied the Golden Arches and knew exactly why we were there. Let me tell you, folks, the boy LOVES LOVES LOVES to eat. He ate 4 chicken nuggets and a small order of fries. He ate some chunks off the bun of my hamburger too. I have no doubt if we hadn't already eaten everything, Elliott would have continued to eat. The kid is bottomless I tell you! I can only imagine how much he is going to eat when he's a teenager.


1 comment: