Sunday, October 2, 2016

A day at the ballpark

As we were getting ready for church this morning, the phone rang. It was my sister-in-law inviting us to attend the Reds game this afternoon. This was not just an ordinary invitation either. This was an invitation to sit in the Diamond Seats. We readily accepted!

The day began with a lavish buffet in the Diamond Club. There was wonderful food and free drinks. The seats were six rows from the field and we had a close up view of the action. The Reds lost in dramatic fashion, but the day was not a total loss. I caught a foul ball (my first ever!). Well, I didn't actually CATCH it. The ball bounced off of some guy's nose and I scrambled to grab the ball off the ground. It was not the showiest way to snag a foul ball, but in the end the guy behind me had a bloody nose and I had a souvenir baseball. The guy with the bloody nose got razzed throughout the whole game. It was all good natured fun and he was a good sport.

It was a wonderful day all the way around. Abby got to experience the Diamond Seats for the first time and was flabbergasted at the whole experience. The weather was absolutely perfect and the whole ballpark was treated to a free La Rosa's pizza because the Reds pitchers struck out 11 batters. What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment