Thursday, March 16, 2017

Rubber meets road

These are the days where the rubber meets the road. The days where teachers have to suck it up and take one for the team. I'm talking about conference night. After a long, and full day of teaching, there are four and a half hours of conferencing with parents. Don't get me wrong. I like conferencing with parents. It's often a relief to have a conversation with an adult after dealing with nine year olds all day. We do conferences 4 nights each year. After tonight we do conferences next Thursday as well. In my 27 year career, this will be conference nights #107 and #108. I like to think of it this way because it helps me see the light at the end of the tunnel. At the end of my career, I will have had conferences for 140 nights. So after this week, there are only 32 more nights of conferences until I retire. or you can look at it this way... After next Thursday I will have conferenced for 486 hours in my career. The equivalent of more than twenty days (24 hour days that is). Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment