Friday, May 24, 2013

She laughed, but then...

Tami read my post yesterday and howled with laughter. She said I am sooooooo predictable. I don't deny it. I am a shallow, simple and quiet man. This blog has always been about what's on my mind at any given time. As my wife so accurately pointed out, my blog posts can generally be classified into a few simple categories: Family life, yard work, the pool, the Reds, my job and Sveta. I've always said if you're looking for deep, thought provoking topics, you're not going to find them in this corner of the blogosphere.

She found my complaints of losing the battle to the thousands of locust blossoms clogging my pool filter very entertaining. The more I scoop them out of the pool, clean them out of the skimmer basket and sweep them off the deck, the faster and more numerous they fall. It's a futile effort and downright exasperating. She continued laughing until I presented the following scenario: I told her the next time she vacuumed the carpets and swept and mopped the kitchen floor, I was going to follow behind her sprinkling flour over everything she had just cleaned. I would then smile knowingly as she again cleaned the carpets and floor she had cleaned only minutes before. After re-cleaning everything I would again follow and sprinkle flour over everything she had just cleaned for the second time. Time and time again I would sprinkle flour on everything she had just cleaned. At that time I think she got the picture. I told her every time she cleaned, it would all seem for naught. I think she began to realize how I felt about working so hard to keep the pool clean only to have it wrecked a little while later.

We had a good laugh over the whole thing. It was all good natured conversation.

Tami also said I should broaden my blog topics to draw in more female readers. Next week I will be posting my favorite recipes and cleaning tips. I will post where the best sales are at the mall. I will offer hair and make up tips as well as my favorite method of keeping my skin moisturized. Nah, just kidding. I think I'll stick with grandchildren, yard work and the Reds. It's who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment