Sunday, May 27, 2012

Water Logged!




It's difficult to qualify the best day of a person's life. Yesterday has to be in the top 5. Sveta came over for her first swim in Goppa's pool. My wedding day, when my kids were born and yesterday. Days don't get better than that!

I got in the water first and told her to jump to me. She didn't want to jump, so I lowered her in slowly. I brought some toys into the pool, but it wasn't enough because she kept saying, "I need more toys". Within minutes every pool toy on the premises was in the water with us. We played for a while and she quickly developed a favorite game. Fill a cup with water and dump it on Goppa's head. She LOVED it! Me? Not as much :-) She eventually tired of this game (thank Goodness!) and decided she wanted to try jumping in from the side of the pool. She stood on the deck and I waited in the pool with outstretched arms. She was very hesitant, but with some encouragement and a promise that I would not let her go under, she said, "Catch me!" and jumped into my arms. She squealed with delight when she realized she had jumped to me and had not drowned. She scrambled up the ladder and was ready for another go. And go she did! I don't believe I'd be exaggerating if I said she jumped to me 50-60 times. Every now and then she'd decide to do something else, but would always come back a few minutes later and say, "I wanna jump!". Today my arms and shoulders are aching, but it is well worth every ounce of pain.

We got in the pool at 2:30 and didn't get out until 7:30. I took about a 15 minute break to eat, but other than that, I was in the water the whole time. Water logged indeed!

What a great day! It was her first time swimming in our pool, but I know there will be many more to come... especially if the weather stays as hot as it has been already. I only hope my arms and shoulders are up to the task.






No comments:

Post a Comment