Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Down from the plateau

It has happened just as I said it would. I finally broke through my weight loss plateau. After several weeks of not losing a single ounce, I have lost 4 pounds in the last 5 days. It's just crazy how this works. I diet, diet, diet and nothing happens. Then all of a sudden I shed pounds like there's no tomorrow. I am pleased that my perseverance has paid off. I was beginning to get discouraged and wanted to eat some bad stuff in the worst way. But my will power pushed me through and I didn't cheat. I didn't eat one snack or ingest one calorie that wasn't within the boundaries of my diet. I have gone from a tight 38 waist to a very loose 36 (I guess this means I was probably a 39 when I started and I'm likely a 35 now). My real goal is to lose about 20 more pounds and fit comfortably into a 32 waist. Why? I'm glad you asked. When my daughter got married five years ago, my suit had 32 pants. I haven't worn that suit since the wedding and I desperately want to fit into it again. Believe it or not, I also still have the suit I graduated college in. I won't ever wear it again, but I'd like to fit into it so I can say I am the same size as I was when I was 22 years old. For the record... I only keep that old suit because my grandparents bought it for me and it is my measuring stick for my size when I was in college.

To date I have lost 24 pounds. Next stop 30 and beyond. It's nice to be able to see my feet again (without propping them up). It's also a good feeling to be able to tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. No joke there. When you bend over to tie your shoes and you can't breathe, it's time to take action.

Thanks for reading. I'm sure you're fascinated with the progress of my diet. But as I've said many times before, this blog has always been about what's on my mind at the moment. Right now that happens to be my shrinking spare tire in my midsection.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment