Thursday, August 14, 2014

Eat your veggies!

Ladies and gentlemen, here are your federal tax dollars at work. The Obama administration is spending $750,000 to develop a video game to help teach parents how to get their kids to eat their vegetables. I'm not kidding. You can't make this stuff up.

Look, I realize in the big picture of our national budget that 3/4 of a million dollars is barely a drop in the bucket. This is not about the money. It's about a small part of a much, much larger problem. The wasting of billions (if not trillions) of Joe Taxpayer's money. I work hard for my money and the federal government takes a sizable chunk every week. A sizable chunk for what? To teach lazy parents how to get their kids to eat vegetables... using a VIDEO GAME no less?! Here's a novel thought...

Michael: Dad, I don't want to eat my green beans.

Me: Ok, but you may not have dessert, play video games or watch TV until you do.

Michael: But dad, I don't wanna...

Me: It's your choice. I'll wait.

There. Problem solved. And it didn't cost me $750,000 to learn how to do it. Parenting is hard work, but it's not difficult if you use common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment