Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mid-life crisis

I'm not real familiar with the concept of the mid-life crisis. I've never known anyone who went through one and I'm certainly not going through one myself. However, due to some recent, unrelated circumstances, my teacher friends think I'm experiencing a mid-life crisis.

Michael's car broke down last week and he is temporarily borrowing Tami's car. Abby has been driving my car to school which leaves me without a vehicle to drive to work. Thankfully my in-laws have been gracious enough to loan me one of their cars. And it's not just ANY car... It's a black Mustang! Now, I've never been a guy who desired fancy sports cars (and I'm still not), but I must admit I look pretty snazzy driving down the highway in a 'stang! In the faculty parking lot full of Toyota Camrys, Honda Accords, and Mommy Minivans, the Mustang sticks out like a sore thumb. It's for this reason I'm being accused of going through a mid-life crisis. When I explained to my accusers that the car is a loaner, they were convinced (if not a little disappointed) that I am indeed not going through such a crisis. We've all gotten a good laugh out of it.

The only drawback to this whole situation is all the women who have been honking and waving at me as I whizz by them. I hold up the hand with my wedding band to let them know I am happily married, but that doesn't seem to deter them. (okay, so I made this last part up :-) I'm just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment