Monday, August 4, 2014

Roosters

Tami and I went antique shopping today. Among other things, Tami purchased two brass roosters. They are postured in a battle stance and are meant to look like they're fighting. I openly said I didn't like them and the guy at the antique mall diplomatically said they were "almost ugly". Then after some good natured joking, he admitted he didn't like them either. Tami said she likes stuff that is unique. If that was her goal, then I consider her mission accomplished. I don't know of anyone else who has fighting brass roosters in their houses.

Full disclosure here--- The roosters were only 4 bucks apiece. So my opinion is not based on money. It's based on artistic and decorating taste (of which I admit I have none). These roosters will be proudly and prominently displayed on our new dining room table. Who knows, maybe they'll become family heirlooms one day. I can just imagine our kids squabbling over these roosters when we're gone.

Here is a photo. Sorry... I know it's blurry. My cell phone camera is not very good. Tell me what you think... AND BE HONEST! I really want to know if I'm off base or right on target.

I present to you, Fighting Brass Roosters!


Here are some better photos of similar sets (not ours though).


1 comment:

  1. Those are amazing roosters! I wish I had your wife's great decorating skill!

    ReplyDelete