Friday, August 29, 2014

Ribs on the river

I found out yesterday that some friends blessed us with a wonderful offer of free tickets to watch the WEBN Fireworks from the Montgomery Inn Boathouse on Sunday. This isn't just some big party on the river. It's actually a charity benefit and the tickets are $250 apiece. The tickets include a ribs buffet with all the sides, cocktails and a front row seat to the biggest fireworks show in the city. Another major perk is a guaranteed parking space in the restaurant parking lot. This on a day when every parking space for miles around will be occupied.

This incredible offer came through Tami's sister, Terri and her husband, Dale. Also Dale's sister Pam and her husband, Tom. These are the same people who made it possible for me to sit in the prestigious Diamond Seats at the Reds game last month. These Reds seats and Montgomery Inn fireworks tickets are not things I would normally purchase for myself. Tami and I are truly blessed to be able to do all these fancy things. Thank you Terri, Dale, Pam and Tom for letting us join you for the fun.

There is a very good chance it will rain Sunday night. Normally this would bother me, but knowing I can seek shelter with a beverage and a slab of ribs, I don't care if it rains cats and dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment