Saturday, January 3, 2015

Belt Tightening

A long while back, Tami and I agreed that we needed to tighten our belts. I agreed fully. However, I think I must have misinterpreted our agreement. She was talking about cutting back on our spending and trying to make our household finances better. I simply put on a bunch of weight and got completely fat. My belt kept getting tighter and tighter and I was really happy that I was keeping up my end of the bargain. Now look at me... my middle-age spare tire has overinflated into something that resembles a tire off a tractor trailer.

I jest of course. That was just a funny way of saying I've allowed my weight to get out of control... AGAIN! Of course I'd love to tell you I just put on a few extra pounds over the holiday season, but that would be dishonest. The truth is, I have been putting on more and more weight over the last few years and I am ashamed of what I've allowed to happen to my body. Believe me, I blame nobody but myself. I have complete control of every bite I put in my mouth and I am fully aware of my extremely poor eating habits. On Monday this will all change. The diet starts then and I am nothing but serious about dropping a bunch of weight.

Full disclosure... when every article of clothing I own either no longer fits or I have to squeeze into it like the last sardine in a full can, I know it's time to act. Don't worry loyal blog readers. I will not be posting daily weight loss totals and will not be reporting what I am (or am not) eating. I will not turn this into a diet journal. Nobody wants to read that and I won't subject you to it. Some people when they go diet crazy like to tell everybody they know all the minute details of the progress of their diet. You won't get that here. Simply wish me well and pray that I have the strength and will power to get control of my weight.

Soli Deo Gloria!

For the graphic below I am pointing the finger at myself only.

No comments:

Post a Comment