Saturday, January 3, 2015

Under the weather

Sorry for my absence the last few days, folks. I've been a little bit under the weather. Not full-blown sick, but just enough to keep from my normal, daily activities (such as typing blog posts). I am coming out of it today and should be fully recovered tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy this little nugget. It really makes you think. Slow down and consider everything before opening your mouth. I have lived by this and it serves me well. It might make me appear indecisive, apathetic and even slow... but not opening my mouth has helped me many times in my life. The book of Proverbs says (paraphrase), "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt". Similar quotes are attributed to Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain.

No comments:

Post a Comment