Monday, January 12, 2015

My Winter Poem

This is my adaptation of a poem called, "Winter in Ontario". My version is called "Winter in Ohio". Yes, I know I live in Indiana, but there are more words that rhyme with Ohio than Indiana. Banana, maybe?

Without further ado, here is my ode to winter:

Winter in Ohio

It’s winter in Ohio
And the icy breezes blow
At seventy-five miles an hour
And thirty-five below

Oh how I love Ohio
where the snow lies wide and deep
I step into the drifts of white
And it causes me to weep

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I’ll hang around
I could never leave Ohio
Because I’m frozen to the ground

It’s winter in Ohio
I’m numb down to my feet
It’s hard to get from here to there
When there’s ice out in the street

Oh how I love Ohio
Where the sky is always gray
I long to see the sun again
But I doubt I’ll see that day

Yes, the weather here is glorious
It chills me to my heart
It’s hard to leave Ohio
When my car won’t even start

No comments:

Post a Comment