Thursday, January 22, 2015

My favorite word

I have a new favorite word... and it's not even a REAL word. The word is GOPPA. This is the name my grandchildren call me. Sveta called me Goppa before she ever set foot in the United States or met me in person. While she was still in Russia we were on Skype with Jessi and Barry. When we were "introduced" to her, she tried to say grandpa and it came out as Goppa. Thus a nickname was born.

Today there is no sweeter sound than hearing Sveta or Elliott yell my name when they see me. Goppa! Goppa! There is no feeling quite like it when I hear that word.

I've heard it said that a person doesn't know how much love their heart can hold until they become a grandparent. I wholeheartedly agree. I never knew how much love MY heart could hold until I became a Goppa.

I get to see my grandchildren this evening and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment