Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Quadriplegic

I love jokes. I love telling them and I love hearing them. However, I am not one to tell or enjoy jokes that make fun of or hurt people. In other words, I do not approve of jokes that demean a particular religion, race or other subgroup such as handicapped people. With that being said, I question a particular series of jokes and whether they are wrong or not. The jokes in question ask, "What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs" (and then insert a second part of the joke). For example, "What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs floating in the water? Bob". Does a joke like this make fun of or demean people who are physically handicapped? Many people in our post-modern, politically correct world would say yes. They would say how insensitive a joke like that is to a handicapped person. I say no. I don't think the joke is offensive at all. It would be offensive if I said to a handicapped person, "Ha! Ha! You have no arms or legs and I do! Ha! Ha! You can't walk and I can!"

Since I don't find those jokes offensive, here are a few more.

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs:

floating in the water? Bob
laying on the porch? Matt
hanging on the wall? Art
in an envelope? Bill
on a short pole? Mike
in a pile of leaves? Russell
swimming in the ocean? Ray
sitting on the deck? Ace
in your wallet? Buck
in the mine? Cole
on a bun? Frank
under a car? Jack
in the bathroom? John
on paper? Mark
on his knees? Neil
sitting in the rain? Rusty
at a funeral? Will

And finally...

What do you call TWO guys with no arms and no legs hanging over the window?
Kurt and Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment