Thursday, January 15, 2015

I had to do it!

This morning I received a pleasant surprise at work. On the teachers' lounge table was a beautiful sight. Fresh doughnuts! I initially thought I would resist temptation because I am on a diet. Then I saw what appeared to be a doughnut with nuts all over it. I dearly love nuts. I decided to eat a quarter of a doughnut... just a taste to feed my craving. Then it happened... I took a bite and what I thought was nuts turned to be something else. Something delectable and glorious. It was BACON! You heard me, folks. BACON! This was a cake doughnut with maple icing and topped with chopped, deep fried bacon. OH. MY. GOODNESS! The combination of sweet and salty was pure heaven. You know the rest of the story. Yeah, I finished the whole doughnut. I don't regret one bite. Why would I be sorry? We are talking about a doughnut with bacon on it. I just HAD to do it!

This is not the actual doughnut, but it looked a whole lot like this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment