Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Oh, Randy...

We all did things when we were younger that seem foolish to us now. When Tami and I were dating I took her to a Randy Travis concert. She was a big fan of his at the time. Trying to be a good boyfriend and trying to impress the woman of my dreams, I bought tickets 4 or 5 rows from the stage. At some point during the concert, Randy made his way across the front of the stage shaking hands with adoring fans in the front row. The next thing I knew Tami was vaulting over rows of chairs and dodging other people to shake Randy's hand. She succeeded in her quest. She did indeed shake his hand. I couldn't believe that she did it.

Why this post about Randy Travis? Well, he was recently arrested for DUI after wrecking his car and laying in the street with no clothes on. After the police responded he threatened their lives.

To have a little fun with my loving wife, I sent her Randy's mugshot with the following simple message:

And to think you once vaulted over rows of chairs to shake this man's hand...


No comments:

Post a Comment