Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Happy Santa!

It’s that time of year. That time of year that was so magical for us as children. That time of year that allowed us to see our children experience that same magic. And now that I’m old enough, that time of year when we get to see our grandchildren experience the magic of Christmas.

Much of this magic was centered on the idea of Santa Claus. Who among us doesn’t remember the anticipation and sheer excitement of waiting for Santa’s visit? Who among us doesn’t remember trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve and feeling like you’d NEVER be able to fall asleep? Who among us doesn’t remember having visions of Christmas presents being delivered by a man in a red suit, riding in a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer? Who among us doesn’t remember leaving cookies and milk (or hot cocoa) for Santa? I remember as a child waking to find the cookies and milk gone and being amazed that Santa had actually been there. I remember as a dad eating those cookies, and drinking that milk to create the illusion that Santa had been there. That’s why the photo below got me thinking and has me asking, “Why didn’t I think of that?” Cookies and milk? Nah! Beer and pizza? Now we’re talking! That would make Santa one jolly old elf! And hey... what cop is going to give Santa a DUI? I'm guessing he would get a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment