Wednesday, July 24, 2019

My first team!

Earlier this week a good friend of mine sent me this photo. It's me as a 7 year old with my first baseball team. We were the St. Bernard Dodgers and we were the champs. I think I can identify all but 3 boys on this team.

Back Row (coaches)- My dad, Mel Billinghurst, and Bob Strotman (sadly all three have passed away).

Middle Row- Steve Tucker, Barry Revis, Tim Billinghurst, me, David Strotman, unknown, Tim Powers.

Front Row- Unknown, Unknown, Johnny Hyden, Doug Barnett, Billy Siegel, Todd Elliott, Paul Campbell, Michell Yahn.

This photo was taken in the summer of 1974. I barely remember anything about this time in my life. I remember we played games on Monday nights and there were a total of six teams in the league... Dodgers, Braves, Reds, Cubs, Giants, and Cardinals. The Dodgers, Braves, and Cubs were good teams and competed for the championship. The Cardinals, Giants, and Reds battled it out for 4th, 5th, and last place. Oh the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment