Thursday, September 3, 2020

August in review

I have been posting (almost) daily on this blog for 9 years. I'm sure my readers sometimes get bored or feel like my content is stale. Hey, let's face it... trying to find something interest to post every day can be a bit of a challenge. For this reason I have decided to try something new. At the end of each month I am going to give a recap of the events (highlights) from that month. So without further fanfare... here's AUGUST- The month in review:

The month began with the Mortons in town. It was great to see everybody (especially the grandchildren). We had a lot of fun and made some lasting memories in the pool and at the fishing lake.

After the Mortons departed for Texas, it was time to get ready for the upcoming school year. After much preparation, I welcomed students into my classroom for the first time since March 16th and began my 31st year of teaching at St. Bernard Elementary.

Near the middle of the month my sister, Cheri, made a visit back home to Cincinnati. She came to our house with mom and Cliff on one of her nights in town. We enjoyed a nice dinner and a wonderful post-dinner chat/visit/catch up session. It sure was good to have her here.

As the month came to a close I was blessed to received two (not one, but two) loaner cars. My aging Honda Civic has become very unreliable and I needed a reliable way to get to work. Thank you so much Kathleen Morton and Kerry and Toni. Your kindness overwhelms me!

On the last day of the month our family observed the anniversary of my dad's death. It's hard to believe he has been gone for 30 years.

And there you have it... August, 2020. The month in review!

No comments:

Post a Comment