Monday, September 26, 2016

Debate!

Kudos to my wife! When we met 27 years ago, I found politics to be boring at worst and remotely tolerable at best. All these many years later she has shown me the fascinating side of politics. At present I faithfully read 6-8 political blogs daily, stay in tune with national issues, and proudly call myself an informed voter.

I have always done my best to steer clear of controversial topics on this blog. I have always preferred to write about topics that are on my mind and to keep things generally light. I will not deviate from that today. In fact, the only thing more controversial than politics is religion. Neither will be discussed here. I will not tell what my political allegiances are or which candidate I am voting for. Heck, most people that read this blog know me well, and probably know if I'm a Democrat or a Republican. Therefore it would be pointless to stump for my candidate in this space.

Why all this political talk? Because tonight is the first presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Politics and issues aside... I think this debate is going to be fascinating because it is going to be contentious and I believe both candidates are going to come out with teeth and claws. I am not alone in looking forward to this debate. I've heard estimates of nearly 100 million viewers. Those numbers rival any Super Bowl in history (and those are the most watched TV events). This could possibly be the most watched event in television history. That thought is staggering. A political debate to rival Super Bowls? Wow!

Our family is having a watch party tonight. Pizza, beverages, snacks, and two presidential candidates fighting to the virtual death. Super Bowl? Pish posh! Clinton -vs- Trump round 1 is where it's at!

***NOTE***
I mentioned I will not discuss politics or religion here. This is true, but do not take this as me being ashamed of the Gospel. I certainly am not ashamed to proclaim Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I will not deny Him here or anyplace else. I am a reformed Christian who is actively involved in church and I will gladly share the Gospel of Jesus Christ at every opportunity that presents itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment