Friday, May 26, 2017

Vacation Time!

I finished my 27th year of teaching today. I can’t believe I have been at it that long! Tomorrow my summer break begins and I am ready for some down time. The break begins with a bang. Tami and I leave for Myrtle Beach early Monday morning. It is just going to be the two of us. We haven’t gone on many trips alone, but it seems like we will likely have to get used to it. Michael is working at Dearborn County Hospital this summer, and Abby continues her full time employment at Richfield Laboratories. I guess as we stare down the barrel of the empty nest, traveling alone will be the rule rather than the exception.

Our trip takes us to The Dayton House Resort where we will have an oceanfront efficiency room. We got an awesome deal on this place. I am not expecting the Ritz Carlton, but I hope it’s not a Roach Coach Special either. The website makes the place look wonderful, but you know how that stuff goes! The place is likely a bit dated, but we can deal with that as long as it’s clean. I’ll let you know once we get there early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment