Thursday, October 19, 2017

I can't find it!

If I couldn't find something when I was a kid, my mom would usually look for it and find it rather quickly. When she did find the object, she would say one of two things... "Here it is. If it was a snake it would have bit you!" or "Here it is. You look like I used to!" I'm still not sure what that one means. Nowadays instead of my mother finding my lost stuff, Tami does it. When she does find it, she often mimics what my mom used to say. Either way, it's kind of embarrassing for someone to quickly find an object that you swore you looked really hard for.

And by the way, I didn't know it then, but I should have corrected Mom's grammar. The proper retort would have been, "If it was a snake, it would have BITTEN you!" But come to think of it, it's probably a good thing I didn't correct her. She would have knocked my teeth down my throat (another one of Mom's favorite phrases).

No comments:

Post a Comment