Saturday, August 17, 2019

A true act of kindness

I participate in a Hidden Vally Lake online message board. People discuss issues, buy, sell, and trade things or just have general discussions. A few days ago I posted a request for USED playground equipment for my school. I was simply looking for old basketballs or soccer balls that people might have laying in their garage or gathering dust in their basements. Well, let me tell you what happened today. A guy (who wishes to remain anonymous) sent me a message and asked if he could drop off some stuff. At 10:00 this morning he pulled into my driveway. When he opened his trunk I saw it was stuffed with BRAND NEW sporting goods. This guy and his kids went out and purchased 6 basketballs, 5 volleyballs, 2 soccer balls, 7 footballs, and 7 jump ropes. I was completely overwhelmed! I never expected such a true act of kindness. I honestly expected some old, tired worn out basketballs or maybe some soccer balls that had seen better days. Words cannot express my shock and delight at seeing brand new balls and jump ropes. The kids at my school are going to love this stuff. I can't wait until Monday to show them all their new toys. What an awesome way to begin the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment