Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Christmas by the numbers

I've mentioned it before on this blog... Time is a funny thing. It passes imperceptibly and stops for nothing and no one.

I got to thinking today. Tami and I have been married for 28 and a half years. This will be our 31st Christmas together (counting the years we were dating).

This is my 30th Christmas in teaching. The last week before Christmas break NEVER gets any easier. Trying to corral thirty five 4th graders who are excited for Christmas is even more difficult than it used to be. As I type this, there are two more days of school before the kids get a two week break. Trying to get any semblance of teaching done is next to impossible. But it's not for a lack of trying! I keep teaching and the kids keep ignoring me. It's the way of the world for an elementary teacher at Christmastime.

After this year I have 5 more Christmases as a teacher and then (Lord willing) I get to retire.

Time is marching on and I am powerless to stop it. I may as well sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment