Friday, December 6, 2019

I'm not smart

I've posted this before, but I thought it was worth repeating.

Twice over the Thanksgiving holiday I was at parties where trivia games were played. On both occasions the games began with people asking that I be on their teams. People give me far too much credit. I am truly not smart. I simply have a knack for remembering minute details about a variety of subjects. Having a good memory does not make a person smart. In fact, even my memory is not what it used to be, so even with other people's definition of smart, I'm not nearly as smart as I used to be. So let me be clear. I am NOT smart. I am weird and quirky and have a penchant toward remembering things that most people don't care about, that are important to even fewer people than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment