Monday, June 22, 2020

My Fathers Day

I will say that yesterday is just about the BEST Fathers Day I've ever had. What goes without saying is the only thing that would have made it better is having the Mortons and the grandchildren here in person.

My day started with a video message from Jessi and the grandkids. It was so wonderful to see and hear from them, but it also made my heart ache missing them so much! Then we finished our morning with our time at church. In the afternoon, Michael. Abby, and Thomas came over for grilled burgers and a swim.

I also received some very nice gifts. My beautiful wife got me the fishing tote as posted a few days ago. The Mortons sent a photo collage jigsaw puzzle. Michael, Abby and Thomas got me a Bass Pro Shops coffee mug, a new tackle box, and a fish scale (for weighing all those whoppers). If you know me at all, you know I am not about gifts. In fact, I prefer not to receive them. But this doesn't take away from the kindness and generosity of my 3 kids or how much I love the gifts. All the gifts are perfect and fit me to a "T".

After the kids went home, Tami and I worked on the jigsaw puzzle, and talked about our favorite subject... our kids and grandkids. It was just all around an amazing day. Thank you to my wife, kids, in-laws, and grandkids for making me feel so special!

Here's my coffee mug next to our progress on the puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment