Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm back!

Sorry I've been away so long, folks. My part time job has kept me busy most days. However, last week I had a day off and we took the opportunity to visit Sveta.

We picked her up and took her to lunch. Sveta chose a completely plain hamburger, apple wedges and chocolate milk. She promptly discarded the bun, ate the patty, had a wedge or two and downed two chocolate milks. Her mom never allows her to have a second chocolate milk, but Goppa and Grandma had no problem with it. Before leaving the restaurant we told her we were taking her to the park. She lit up and said, "I LOVE THE PARK!". It was a really hot day, so we didn't spend a tremendous amount of time playing. It was very clear that Sveta's favorite thing is the swing. Mercifully the swings were in the shade... perfect! She had a great time (and we did too). Before taking her back home we took her to the DQ for ice cream. The child loves ice cream. She fits in with our family just fine. She ordered "sock-a-lit" ice cream. (Translation= Chocolate). She ate all of her own ice cream and even managed to eat some of ours. I'm not exactly sure how she managed to score some of our ice cream, but she certainly did. We finished the visit by playing a matching game and reading her some books. It was a WONDERFUL day!





No comments:

Post a Comment