Friday, June 17, 2016

Renewed!

As an educator I am required to renew my teaching license every 5 years. Along with the cost of $200 (that's a gripe for another day), I have to take 6 semester hours of graduate courses in order to renew my license. These courses are SUPPOSED to keep teachers current on educational trends and basic knowledge. I find them to be a waste of time and money (but that is also a gripe for another day). I have have been working on my coursework lately and just recently finished it. After numerous steps in the process and a lot of red tape, I finally received my new license today. HALLELUJAH! It is really a load off my mind. Obviously I could not teach without a license, and without it my livelihood would be cut off. I only say that to lay out the worst case scenario. I never, ever would let that happen. But the process is long and arduous and I am so happy and relieved to finally be "legal" for another 5 years. The icing on the cake is I only have to do this one more time in 2021. After that I will retire. In August I begin my 27th year of teaching. That blows my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment