Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Summers Off

It's true. Teachers get a wonderful break in the summertime. It's not the three months (June, July, August) that people traditionally think of, but it is a solid TWO months, which is nothing to sneeze at or complain about. I love summer for the obvious reasons (time off work, warm weather, grill outs etc...), but another reason I love summer is the sheer amount of time I have to accomplish the many tasks that were neglected throughout the school year. I love yard work and working outside in general anyway. I love waking up to a day that has nothing going on and is chock full of opportunities to do whatever jobs I want. The amount of work I can get done in one full day is incredible. However, there is only so much work that can be done. There are only so many projects available to me without having to spend a bunch of money.

Here is a representation of what a summer day might look like for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment