Thursday, July 20, 2017

26 and counting

Today Tami and I celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. It boggles my mind to think I have been married that long. I have been blessed with an incredible marriage, and I am so thankful for my wonderful wife. Just like all marriages, we've experienced peaks and valleys. However, I am happy to say the peaks outnumber the valleys a hundred fold.

26 years ago, the Lord was pleased to have us stand in His house and exchange wedding vows. "In good times and bad, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, until death do us part." God certainly knew what he was doing when He put us together.

Tami and I marvel daily at the passage of time, and how we are witnessing first hand the gradual breakdown of our physical bodies. Our bodies may be sagging, wrinkling, expanding, and aching, but our love for one another grows stronger every day. Our love can never sag, wrinkle, or break down. Obviously we were in love on our wedding day 26 years ago, but it wasn't until we had (more) children, grandchildren, and experienced everyday life together, that we knew what kind of love we really have. We have an incredible marriage and I am so eager to see what the next 26 years brings us.

Soli' Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment