Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Sneaky Parents

Parents are sneaky. At least Tami and I were. When our kids were younger, we used to relish the times after our kids went to bed. We love our children dearly, and enjoyed them when they were awake (most of the time). But what parent out there hasn't enjoyed a good TV show or a glass of wine after the kids went to sleep? On weekends, Tami and I used to order a Donato's pizza after the kids went to bed. It was one of our guilty pleasures and something we enjoyed a lot. Did we feel guilty for feeding the kids vegetables for dinner and then indulging ourselves with pizza after they were fast asleep? Yeah, maybe a little. No wait... no. No, we didn't feel guilty at all. Mommies and daddies work hard. Ordering a pizza after hours was fair game.

To my kids I say:

Sorry to have snuck around and had pizza when you had no idea what we were doing. Now that you're "all growed up", maybe you can continue the tradition and have pizza after my grandchildren go to sleep. I also say, "Try it. You'll like it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment