Friday, March 15, 2019

A dark place

If you happen to think of it, please pray for me at work. I am back to being very discouraged and find myself in a very dark place. I have always gone through peaks and valleys at school, but I've never been in this despairing pit of emotion before. I find I am having very little effect on my students and feel like my teaching efforts are completely in vain. It seems that everything I am charged with teaching, my students are dead set against learning. I face extremely strong resistance every moment of every day at work. To say I am banging my head against the wall is an insult to walls everywhere. To say I am spinning my wheels is an insult to wheels everywhere. After 29 years of teaching, I must legitimately ask myself... "What in the WORLD are you doing?" I'm certainly not making any type of difference. Please don't tell me I'm in a rut. I've been in ruts before. This is much worse than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment