Thursday, March 26, 2020

Faux-pening Day

What is usually one the greatest days of the year, is now quite a sad one. Today was supposed to be Opening Day for the Cincinnati Reds. Instead we are battling the Corona Virus, and are quarantined inside our homes. I love baseball. I mean I really, really love baseball and this is hugely disappointing to me. However, I am not an unfeeling, cold-hearted person. I realize people are sick, and even dying. I realize millions of people have lost their jobs due to this crisis. Therefore, missing out on Opening Day pales in comparison to serious matters related to COVID 19.

So... keeping things in perspective, I will say to Opening Day... I can wait and I will wait expectantly. Looking forward to getting back to normal life.

So today is not Opening Day... It's Faux-pening Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment