Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Computer Doctor

My sick computer went to the computer doctor today. Much like a people doctor, the computer doctor said my poor little laptop was getting old and there is only so much that can be done to fix it. People doctors can give medicine and perform surgery, but no matter how good the doctor is, your body will never be the same as it was when it was young. It's the same for computers. You can update software, install new hardware components, and give it regular check ups, but the computer will never be as good as it was the day it left the factory.

For now my computer is feeling better, but it won't take long for the ache to return to its aging bones. It's just part of getting old. As computers go, this one is ancient. Nine years for a laptop is a long life. I have used this computer almost every day for those nine years and it has served me well. The day will come when it is beyond repair and will have to be put down. But for the time being, my old friend is humming along like a champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment