Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Creek Bed

Many years ago when we first moved into our house in Hidden Valley Lake, there was a mud gully that ran the length of my yard. Every time it rained the mud ditch would get wider, and messier. To remedy the problem, I lined the gully with creek rock to stop the erosion and to give the appearance of a creek bed. For years the creek bed kept getting overrun with weeds and the whole thing didn't look much better than the mud pit that was there to begin with. This week, I made a major improvement. I sprayed vegetation killer in the man-made creek bed and it worked beautifully. Then I topped it off with creek gravel. I think it looks markedly better than it did before. I'm only sorry I don't have a photo of how ugly it was before I started. The photo below is the finished product (at least for now). I will probably make other improvements in the spring, but that is a topic for another day. See the photos below to check out my handiwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment