Saturday, October 22, 2016

Mayberry

Tami and Abby are in Virginia this weekend visiting family. As a little day trip, the crew took a trip to Mt. Airy, North Carolina. Never heard of it? How about Mayberry (from the Andy Griffith Show)? yep! I thought so. Everybody has heard of Mayberry. Mt. Airy is the real life birthplace of Andy Griffith and the town of Mayberry is modeled after it. The photos below show Otis Campbell's suit. You remember him, right? The town drunk. There is also a photo of Floyd's barbershop and the courthouse jail. I was really jealous I couldn't be with the family this weekend. Andy Griffith is the best show that was ever on TV. There were none like it, and there will never be another like it again. Now, as I sign off, whistle the theme song with me. I know you know it. EVERYBODY knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment