Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Goodbye Summer

Goodbye summer. I hardly knew you.

You may be saying, "Wait. What? Hold on a minute, Mick... it's only August 1st. You still have another month of summer, right?"

Nope! Teachers getting off three months in the summer is a myth. This year school begins on August 14th. Today I started getting my classroom ready for the new school year. As you likely know, it takes quite a while to get a classroom ready for teaching students. I wish I could walk out of school on the last day of school, and walk back in on the first day of school. But that's not the way it works.

Summer vacation ended today. On one hand I am sad, but on the other hand, I know it's time to get back to work. I'm not complaining about the shortness of my summer. I've had a lot of time off, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Please pray for me as I begin my 28th year of teaching.

Soli' Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment