Monday, August 14, 2017

Quiet

I have been accused many times of being too quiet. That's why this blog is called "Silence Runs Deep". My grandfather was a very quiet man, and I believe I take after him in many ways. This subject has been documented in sayings like, "I'd rather be quiet and let people think I'm a fool than open my mouth and remove all doubt". In the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy asks the scarecrow how he can talk if he doesn't have a brain. The scarecrow brilliantly replies, "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking!". And then there's Ohio's own Bill Watterson. Watterson is the creator of the wonderful comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes. Not only was this comic strip extremely funny, but it was also a very insightful look at the world through the eyes of a young boy. Here's a nugget of wisdom from Calvin and Hobbes...

No comments:

Post a Comment