Friday, September 22, 2017

Bengals -vs- Packers

The Bengals play the Green Bay Packers this Sunday, and to be honest, I really don't care all that much. My interest in football has waned as I have gotten older. This has happened for a variety of reasons. I see football players making gazillions of dollars playing a game and acting like children. I see Colin Kaepernick kneeling for the National Anthem. It is his constitutional right to do so, but it disgusts me to see such disrespect for Old Glory. I see a money hungry league gouging the public at every turn--- ticket prices, concessions, and everything else. And at a more local level, I have been Bengalized. I see a team that hasn't won a playoff game in my 26 years of married life. I see a team that continues to employ players who have run-ins with the law and tolerates way more than other teams do. I see a team that continues to employ a coach that has won squat in 14 years. I see a team that has a complete lack of discipline (penalties abound), and a team that allowed that lack of discipline to cost them a precious playoff game a few years ago. I see a team that cares more about its bottom line than winning. I see a team that sees the fans as their cash cow rather than their means of support.

I mentioned above that I don't care that the Bengals are playing the Packers on Sunday. in fact, a part of me hopes they lose. Not because I hate the Bengals, but because I don't believe the Bengals will ever fire Marvin Lewis unless things get really bad. I'm hoping things get really bad!

In honor of the game this Sunday, I offer you the following bit of Trivia...

Brett Favre, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, made his professional debut in 1992.

The trivia question is... To whom did Brett Favre complete his first NFL pass? Hint: It wasn't an interception, so it wasn't an opponent.

Give up? The answer is... HIMSELF!

Brett Favre's first NFL pass was batted straight up into the air by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense and Favre caught the ball as it came back down. This was legally considered a completed pass.

So there you have it! Your football trivia nugget for the day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment