Monday, September 25, 2017

When you gotta go...

The older I get, the more true this becomes.

When you're a teenager, you can sleep forever. When you're my age the internal battle goes something like this:

Brain: I know you have to pee, but stay in bed and sleep

Bladder: Nah! I'm going to have to ask you to go ahead and get up.

Brain: But it's Saturday. It's my only day to sleep in.

Bladder: Perhaps you think this is some kind of joke. Allow me to triple the pressure in your abdomen

Brain: But this bed is SO comfortable and warm. I don't wanna get up!

Bladder: I'm done messing with you. Get up NOW!

Brain: Drat! You win bladder! Ugh! Ok. I'm getting up.

Bladder: ***Smiles a victorious smile***

Me: Resigns myself to getting out of bed. Feels like crying!

No comments:

Post a Comment