Wednesday, November 28, 2018

13 years

It seems hard to believe, but as of this past Sunday, we have lived in Hidden Valley Lake for 13 years. What's even harder to believe is that we've lived longer in our current home than the one in Finneytown, Ohio (and it seems like we lived there FOREVER). It seems like just yesterday we were packing up our things at the house at 8719 Constance Ln. and moving to the other side of the world on Lakeview Dr. Up to that point I had always been a Buckeye, but on that day back in 2005 I became a Hoosier. I'm still kind of a Buckeye at heart, but I sure do love living in Indiana. I guess I'm kind of a "Hoosieye".

At any rate... life marches on. We left the home in Finneytown where the kids essentially grew up and upgraded to a home in beautiful Hidden Valley Lake. Now Tami and I find ourselves alone in an empty nest. We are already starting to talk of and dream about our retirement. Where will we go from here? When do we leave Hidden Valley? When I retire? When the steps in the house become too much for us? Will we relocate to be near our grandchildren? Will we migrate to a warmer climate? All questions that remain to be answered. However, one thing is certain. We will go where our sovereign God takes us. A man plans his way, but the Lord guides his steps. Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment