Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentines Day is DUMB!

I love my wife today more than I ever have before. If you think I’m making this statement because today is Valentines Day, you’d be dead wrong. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. While it’s true I love my wife more and more every day, I say this is especially true today because like me, she sees the ridiculousness in “celebrating” Valentines Day. We’ve never gotten each other gifts on Valentines Day and we like it that way. No overpriced cards. No heart-shaped boxes of candy. No long stemmed red roses. This whole day is a moneymaking racket and I refuse to participate in it. We don’t need February 14th to roll around in order to declare our love for each other. We do that every day no matter what the calendar says. I don’t need February 14th to roll around in order to take my wife out for a romantic dinner. We do that throughout the year whenever the mood strikes us.

I love my wife today more than I ever have before. But this is only temporary because tomorrow I will love her more than I do today.

So, happy Un-Valentines Day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment