Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Working Out

I have to brag on my wife for a moment. She has made a total life change when it comes to physical health and nutrition. The catalyst for this change is not important. What IS important is the fact that the change has occurred.

About a month ago Planet Fitness opened a location in Lawrenceburg. Tami joined the gym and has started a workout routine in conjunction with eating a more healthy diet. She has been working out regularly the last few weeks, and even met with a personal trainer (included in the gym membership). I know it’s only been a few weeks, but I can already see the results. She is dedicated to this lifestyle change and I am SO PROUD of her! One of the biggest parts of this change is that she is getting up super early to go to the gym before she goes to work. If you know Tami at all, you know she has never been a morning person (and that’s an understatement). For my entire married life, Tami’s day never started before 9 or 10 o’clock, and if she got up earlier, it was by force and she did it grudgingly. I even told her it’s kind of freaking me out to see her up and (gasp!) exercising long before sunrise. I know she will continue this routine, and it won’t be long before she achieves the goals she has set for herself.

Not to be outdone, I am making some changes myself. No, I didn’t join the gym. However, I am eating more healthy foods because that’s what my wife is preparing. But it’s good food, and I know I can stand to lose more than a few pounds. I am also going to start exercising at home. We have a treadmill and a stationary bike. I plan on using them daily to help with the fitness program.

I think this is yet another by product of the empty nest. We both realize we are getting older, and we can feel our bodies breaking down. Knowing I retire in six short years, Tami and I have decided we want to be in good physical condition so we can enjoy our retirement years. It doesn’t do any good to retire if you’re too fat or too out of shape to do anything.

Watch out world! Before you know it we’ll be crowned Mr. and Mrs. Senior Citizen!

No comments:

Post a Comment