Monday, April 8, 2019

Empty Nest

Tami and I miss our kids terribly. Don't get me wrong. We're happy they have lives of their own, and we're happy they are doing well. But we still miss having them around. We miss them a lot! The house is too quiet. I'm a very quiet guy and Tami gets tired of doing all the talking. However, there are some obvious benefits to the empty nest too. EVERYTHING is cheaper... and I do mean everything. Life is less complicated. In other words there is not a lot of conflict like we used to have between siblings. And the house stays cleaner. Less people in the house means less of a mess. Mature adults in the house means less of a mess. Being gone at work a lot means less of a mess. But I must confess... there are times when I miss the mess. Everything is working out the way it's supposed to, but it doesn't make it much easier not seeing our kids very often. If any of our kids or grandkids are reading this... give us a call! We miss you and we would love to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment