Thursday, September 26, 2019

Marty's Last Game

I took the last 15 minutes of school today and tuned into 700 WLW. I allowed my students to listen to a little bit of Marty Brennaman's last broadcast. 99% of these kids have no idea what the historical significance of this game is, but maybe one day they will look back and remember their teacher letting them listen in on this monumental day in Reds history.

How is this tied to learning you may ask? Well, two of our vocabulary words this week are advertise and promote. What better way to show examples of companies advertising and promoting their products than commercials on a Reds radio broadcast. Hey, I know it's a stretch, but it was a good excuse for me to listen to my man Marty one last time.

Here's my class posing for a picture around the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment