Wednesday, July 15, 2020

It Never Ends Part 2

What was it I said yesterday? The task list never ends. Well, little did I know I would wake up this morning to a water heater that decided it had lived its life and was ready to go to that big scrap heap in the sky. Yep! That's right. Tami had to take an ice cold shower before heading to work. She was a real trooper though. She didn't complain one bit!

After researching several area plumbers, I decided to explore the idea of replacing the water heater myself. A quick inspection revealed what appeared to be an easy project. After a few moments thought, I decided to go for it and replace it myself. With the help of Michael (and I mean he was a BIG help), we removed the old one and installed the new one in about an hour. Of course this was after we used Michael's truck to pick up the new one at Lowe's.

The way I figure it, I saved myself between $300 and $500 by not hiring a plumber. I couldn't have done it without Michael though. THANKS A MILLION, SON!

And for the record we have wonderfully hot water now. It's a good thing too. We have houseguests the next three weekends. It just wasn't possible to have house guests with tepid water, or no hot water at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment