Monday, January 4, 2021

Back to school

Back to school today. The kids are struggling. I am struggling. It's cold. It's dreary. The mood today is somber and reserved. The excitement of Christmas has long since died and it's time to buckle down for the long haul of winter that encompasses January through March.

 "This is the day the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it". Psalm 118:24

 It is sometimes a challenge to apply this verse. It's easy to take on a "woe is me" attitude when a long vacation ends and dumps me smack in the middle of winter. However, scripture is God's Word and it contains wisdom and His promises. I am preaching to myself today and working on rejoicing in being back at school. I admit I am spoiled and far too attached to my leisure time and comfort. The Lord has blessed me today. I arrived at work safely in my new car. I am healthy. I am blessed with a wonderful wife, amazing children and their spouses, swet grandchildren. I slept in a warm, cozy bed last night. I spent the night in a house with newly repaired heating. I have food in my pantry, and I have a full belly this morning. My cup overflows with blessings. I have no cause to be unhappy or to complain. The Lord has given me another day full of His mercy, and His grace. This is the day the Lord hath made. And yes, I am rejoicing, and I am glad in it! 

 Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment